– like to engage and network with other doctoral students and faculty outside your immediate research circle?
– like to work with challenging and interesting issues affecting KTH PhD students at large?
– care for your fellow doctoral students social life and welfare?
– like to influence education policy?
– have a capacity to speak out for the interest of your fellow doctoral students and the standing of KTH in research and education?
– like to hone your organisational and leadership skills through an insightful experience of the beneath the tip of the ice berg of academia and unions?
If you’ve answered any of the above with a Yes, then join us and be part of the chapter and/or member of the council at your own school within these vacancies during 2019!
Check the candidacy profiles here for more details
Deadline for application: May 29
– Being a member of the student union,
– Workload of at least 5 days a semester. This workload can be time compensated subject to different school-level conventions.
– Actively participating in meetings within the capacity of your representational role.
Curios to learn more?
– PhD student representation is voluntary but also a part-time job entitled for time compensation according to the policies: Dnr930-2005-0345 (school level), DnrV-2016-0451 (central and national level)
– The PhD Chapter and PhD school councils are guided by the PhD Chapter Statutes and PhD Chapter Bylaws and subject to THS statutes and bylawes.
– Brief guide on PhD students representation
– Brief guide on time compensation for PhD students
– PhD Chapter workshop