PhD Chapter at KTH, doctoral students’ network.
The PhD Chapter is a network of engaged PhD students that unites and represents all the PhD students at KTH. It facilitates initiatives and creates a space for personal, professional and educational development. PhD Chapter at KTH monitors, informs about and stands for students’ rights and quality of education and research. It enriches the PhD students’ lives with recreational activities. PhD chapter at KTH is part of THS, the student union at KTH.
About the PhD Chapter at KTH:
The PhD Chapter at KTH has been active since 1980. With the effort of many active PhD students at KTH, the Chapter promotes more effective and higher quality PhD education and research. It also promotes a stimulating working environment, and improves the general conditions for its members. The Chapter also works towards a greater unity and fellowship among its members.
The PhD Chapter at KTH has a wide range of activities:
- PhD Education, the Chapter works to ensure that the quality of PhD studies at KTH is high.
- Professional Development, the Chapter works to ensure that all students at KTH get the opportunities to develop their professional skills.
- Social activities, the Chapter works to ensure that all PhD students at KTH have various leisure activities.
- PhD Students Welfare, the Chapter works to ensure that all PhD students at KTH enjoy their doctoral study time at KTH.
- PhD Students Rights, the Chapter works to ensure that the rights of all PhD students at KTH are respected.
Goals of PhD Chapter at KTH:
The PhD Chapter at KTH has set a group of goals that it strives to achieve through all the Chapter’s actions and activities.
- Equality: We work together to ensure that all PhD students at KTH are treated equally.
- Quality: We work to improve the quality of the doctoral studies for all PhD students at KTH.
Values of PhD Chapter at KTH:
The PhD Chapter at KTH has a set of values that guides its actions and activities.
- Education: A better PhD education at KTH is the key to produce excellent PhD student that excel in their work.
- Career: Creating future opportunities is the bridge to a better future of PhD students.
- Leisure: A balanced work life is important for productive PhD students.
- Digital presence, is a crucial element to reach out to the PhD students in a transparent and efficient way.