Hope you haven’t missed that we are hosting an event together with KTH Innovation this Thursday.
Research & commercialization – How to have time for both.
As a PhD student, you already have many of the traits that make a good entrepreneur. But a day only has 24 hours, and your research and personal life already makes your schedule quite busy. Is it possible to do a PhD at KTH and commercialize your research results at the same time?
KTH Innovation will come by T-centralen to talk time management, how you can create impact in society by commercializing your research, and how they can support you in managing both research and entrepreneurship without hitting that infamous wall. We will also hear from a PhD student who has started a spinoff company from their research.
Are you dreaming about starting your own company, or are you just about to start? Regardless of which, Prince Daniel’s Fellowship wants to inspire and support you to take the next step in starting your own company!
Prince Daniel’s Fellowship will visit KTH during the 21st of November to inspire students to become entrepreneurs. During the visit, Prince Daniel and the participating entrepreneurs Jacob de Geer, Susanne Najafi and Nami Zarringhalam will tell you about their experiences of running companies.
– like to engage and network with other doctoral students and faculty outside your immediate research?
– like to work with challenging and interesting issues beyond the scope of your own self?
– care for your fellow doctoral students social life and welfare?
– like to positively impact your education policy, beyond the scope of yourself?
– have a capacity to speak out for the interest of your fellow doctoral students and the standing of KTH in research and education?
– like to hone your organisational and leadership skills through experiencing the world of academia behind the scenes?
If you’ve answered any of the above with a Yes, then join us and be a member of the council at your own school!
If you’re at CBH or EECS school, follow-up with firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com respectively.
If you’re at ABE/ITM/SCI Schools, then apply to join.
Vacancies: council chairperson, vice chairperson, council members. Council members can take functionary roles (social responsible) or representational role (e.g. representative at the programme or specialisation or department or unit/division, doctoral education council, school’s executive committee, recruitment/appointment/promotion committees, school’s strategic councils, safety/equality/sustainability committees.)
Pre-requisites: Being an active PhD student on January 2019.
– Being a member of the student union,
– Workload of at least 5 days a semester. This workload can be time compensated subject to different school-level conventions.
– Attending meetings with council member and be communicative with the PhD chapter board, THS and KTH within the capacity of your representational role.
Application: The application is considered valid if it was filled via the form at the end of this page. Alternatively, you can download, fill thisApplication form and send it to nominations [at] dr.kth.se. A person can nominate someone else, but then the nominee must accept the nomination before it is considered valid. If you have further questions please email nominations [at] dr.kth.se . The deadline for application is Dec 7th at midnight.
Election: The nominees will be elected as per their school affiliations as follows: ABE 10th/Dec, ITM 11th/Dec, SCI 18th/Dec. Fika served from 17:17. Location: chapter hall (T-centralen), Drottning Kristinas väg 29.