T-Centralen, located at “Drottning Kristinas väg 29”, not to be confused with the metro station, is the PhD chapter hall shared with and primarily steered by the flight chapter (flygsektionen).
T-Centralen can literally be translated to the T’s center. The ‘T’ in T-Centralen refers to the abbreviation of our elder sister chapter, the flight chapter (T). You might wonder, and rightly so, but why T? The story told to us through generations of doctorates goes as follows: one day (or night) the flight chapter, which was established eleven years before the PhD chapter (Dr), took on the task of getting an abbreviation for its chapter. The challenge was that they should not have ‘F’. This is because ‘F’ was taken by even the elder sister chapter Fysiksektionen (the Physics chapter) which was established 26 years before the flight chapter. Upon some creative thinking expected of typical flight students, came the idea: Ha! a ‘t’ is almost an ‘f’ if one would look at it upside down; something that apparently flight chapter people do, not rarely, when they fly airplanes.
T-Centralen has been in its current location at Drottning Kristinas väg 29 since 2000 and the PhD chapter moved to this location in spring of 2002 along with the flight chapter.
Interested to hang in the chapter hall or have a meeting in one of its rooms?
The chapter hall is open for chapter members. Chapter rooms are bookable by writing your name on the booking sheets showing available slots at the rooms.
Interested to rent the chapter hall for a private event?
According to established practices by KTH regulations,
“According to established festivity rules, the chapter members with accompanying guest are entitled to access the chapter hall. The chapter hall cannot be rented out.
Exception is given for:
1. Another chapter of THS
2. Old alumni of the chapter who wants to have an ‘annual reunion’.
3. THS approved technological association”
The idea with the instruction is that the chapter shall not be able to exclude all or part of its members from the hall that has been provided by KTH for the chapter members. The rental is presumed to be for private events whereby members won’t be able to participate; as such the chapter members possibility to access the premise and socialise is limited.
Interested to use the chapter hall for public events that welcome chapter members?
We welcome initiatives to make public events for our chapter members that also add value to other students at KTH.
1. Since we are a non-profit organisation, events shall not be made to make profit but to add value to our members and students at KTH.
2. Since T-Centralen might have been already populated by other events, have a look at the hall calendar and let us know when do you need your event.
3. Additionally, for safety reasons, the person proposing the event shall also be able to take responsiblity of the event according to KTH regulations, which can be summarised as follows:
- For every event you need a FEST-approved person to be responsible and be present there. If alcohol is involved the responsible also needs a STAD-certified person.
- The FEST holder should not leave the TC before the event finishes.
- Not later than 4 days before, and not earlier than 2 weeks before the organiser should send ‘festanmälan’: (Form, Checklist)
Festanmällan is the form that the organiser fills in for the event responsible with FEST and send it to the guards.
- When the event starts the responsible FEST should prepare the check and the document.
Question about the process or help with getting FEST or others, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Chapter Hall contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, pub-event contact DrInK@dr.kth.se