More information and the agenda will be posted at the PhD Chapter website at least 4 working days before the meeting.
Feel free to contact the board at email@example.com if you have any questions about the meeting or if there is anything you would like to bring up during the meeting. Motions should be sent to the board in written form (to firstname.lastname@example.org) before 17:00 on the 20th of February. Template for the Motions can be found here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GGvzJiVQ58ec6DUy0QIpd3DlFl09daUy
Tisdagen den 29:e januari mellan 16.30–19.00 är det dags för nästa mingel för alla KTH-anställda, doktorander, post doc och forskare. Ta med dig ett glatt humör och viljan att lära känna nån ny, alt fördjupa en redan god bekantskap.
On Tuesday Jan 29th at 16.30-19.00 we once again welcome KTH staff members, PhDs, post doc and scientists to a mingle.
Please bring a smile and plan to make one or two new acquaintances.
The price is 50SEK/person
Vegetarian soup and bread for everyone!
The location is Kröken, Kårhuset, Drottning Kristinas väg 15
Seats are limited and you need to register in advance, no later than Jan 28th.
When you register, you may choose swish (preferred) or pay on the spot, with a credit card.
– like to engage and network with other doctoral students and faculty outside your immediate research?
– like to work with challenging and interesting issues beyond the scope of your own self?
– care for your fellow doctoral students social life and welfare?
– like to positively impact your education policy, beyond the scope of yourself?
– have a capacity to speak out for the interest of your fellow doctoral students and the standing of KTH in research and education?
– like to hone your organisational and leadership skills through experiencing the world of academia behind the scenes?
If you’ve answered any of the above with a Yes, then join us and be part of the chapter and/or member of the council at your own school!
If you’re at CBH or EECS school, follow-up with email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org respectively.
If you’re at ABE/ITM/SCI Schools, then apply to join.
Vacancies: council chairperson, vice chairperson, council members. Council members can take functionary roles (social responsible) or representational role (e.g. representative at the programme or specialisation or department or unit/division, doctoral education council, school’s executive committee, recruitment/appointment/promotion committees, school’s strategic councils, safety/equality/sustainability committees.)
Pre-requisites: Being an active PhD student on January 2019.
– Being a member of the student union,
– Workload of at least 5 days a semester. This workload can be time compensated subject to different school-level conventions.
– Attending meetings with council member and be communicative with the PhD chapter board, THS and KTH within the capacity of your representational role.
Application: The application is considered valid if it was filled via the form at the end of this page. Alternatively, you can download, fill thisApplication form and send it to nominations [at] dr.kth.se. A person can nominate someone else, but then the nominee must accept the nomination before it is considered valid. If you have further questions please email nominations [at] dr.kth.se . The deadline for application is Dec 7th at midnight.
Election: The nominees will be elected as per their school affiliations as follows: ABE 11th/Dec kl17:17, ITM 17th/Dec kl17:17, SCI 18th/Dec kl17:17. Fika served from 17:00. Location: chapter hall (T-centralen), Drottning Kristinas väg 29. Election of chapter vacancies will be on 10th/Dec kl18:18.