– like to engage and network with other doctoral students and faculty outside your immediate research?
– like to work with challenging and interesting issues beyond the scope of your own self?
– care for your fellow doctoral students social life and welfare?
– like to positively impact your education policy, beyond the scope of yourself?
– have a capacity to speak out for the interest of your fellow doctoral students and the standing of KTH in research and education?
– like to hone your organisational and leadership skills through experiencing the world of academia behind the scenes?
If you’ve answered any of the above with a Yes, then join us and be part of the chapter and/or member of the council at your own school!
If you’re at CBH or EECS school, follow-up with email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org respectively.
If you’re at ABE/ITM/SCI Schools, then apply to join.
Vacancies: council chairperson, vice chairperson, council members. Council members can take functionary roles (social responsible) or representational role (e.g. representative at the programme or specialisation or department or unit/division, doctoral education council, school’s executive committee, recruitment/appointment/promotion committees, school’s strategic councils, safety/equality/sustainability committees.)
Pre-requisites: Being an active PhD student on January 2019.
– Being a member of the student union,
– Workload of at least 5 days a semester. This workload can be time compensated subject to different school-level conventions.
– Attending meetings with council member and be communicative with the PhD chapter board, THS and KTH within the capacity of your representational role.
Application: The application is considered valid if it was filled via the form at the end of this page. Alternatively, you can download, fill thisApplication form and send it to nominations [at] dr.kth.se. A person can nominate someone else, but then the nominee must accept the nomination before it is considered valid. If you have further questions please email nominations [at] dr.kth.se . The deadline for application is Dec 7th at midnight.
Election: The nominees will be elected as per their school affiliations as follows: ABE 11th/Dec kl17:17, ITM 17th/Dec kl17:17, SCI 18th/Dec kl17:17. Fika served from 17:00. Location: chapter hall (T-centralen), Drottning Kristinas väg 29. Election of chapter vacancies will be on 10th/Dec kl18:18.