It’s soon time for a PhD Chapter’s extra meeting! We will convene on Tuesday February 14th at 17:00 in “T-centralen”, Drottning Kristinas väg 29.
During the meeting will be announced the nominees for Kamratstipendiet 2017. Kamrtatstipendiet was established in 1912 to identify and reward good fellows at each chapter of THS, the Student Union at KTH. Each chapter has the right to nominate up to three members who share the prize money. The price is the return from the “Stiftelsen Tekniska Hogskolans i Stockholm Kamratstipendiefonder” and is usually between 40 000 and 60 000 SEK. The price is then divided evenly between the sections (around 2000-3000 SEK per chapter), after which it is distributed evenly between those students who have been nominated by the chapter.
Please, register for the meeting and send your nomination for Kamratstipendiet 2017 here before February 12th. Sandwiches will be offered at the meeting.
This meeting will also host elections for:
- Vice chairperson, 1 position to be occupied from 2017.02.14 to 2017.06.30;
- Web and communication manager, 1 position to be occupied from 2017.02.14 to 2017.12.31;
- Vice standard bearer, 1 position to be occupied from 2017.02.14 to 2017.12.31;
- Additional nominating Committee members, 1-3 positions to be occupied from 2017.02.14 to 2017.12.31;
- Committee for Kamratstipediet, 3-5 positions to be occupied from 2017.02.14 until 2017.04.05. Note: Members of the Committee for Kamratstipendiet cannot propose nominees for the prize (their nominations will be considered not valid) or be nominated for the prize.
All the nominations can be made by email at board [at] phd.ths.kth.se or at the chapter meeting, with exception for the nominations for the vice chairperson position. This one will be valid only if the nomination committee will have interviewed a candidate (on Skype is OK) before the chapter meeting, so the nominations must be sent by email before February 10th at midnight. A person can nominate someone else, but then the nominee must accept the nomination before it is considered valid.
The final agenda for the meeting is attached here.
Welcome to join the next PhD Chapter meeting!