- Are you a young researcher or a research student?
- Would you like to make impact with your research and would like to know about opportunities and discuss the challenges?
- Are you aiming big with your research, want to maximise its societal impact and its contribution to knowledge but a bit concerned with all short-term goals that you should demonstrate within your research group, research community and your financing agency?
We do not offer solution but at least we offer a forum, in term of seminar series, to bring your perspective and discuss it with us!
This time, we think we can touch on the issue, in the context of: “performance-based governance of academia: its impact on training of young researchers”. For that we bring you:
- Per Berglund, KTH vice dean of Faculty and chairperson of education committee (Faculty perspective)
- Lars Geschwind, researcher on science and education policy at ITM school at KTH (Research perspective)
- Gustav Notander, KTH Innovation (Entrepreneurship support/impact)
We’ll arramge the seminar as follows:
1. Introduction: 14:30, duration ~15 minutes (by Anders Broström and Tage Mohammadat)
2. Pitch talk: 14:45, duration ~40-60 minutes (by Per Berglund and Lars Geschwind)
3. Panel: 15:45-, duration: 45- minutes (moderated by Anders Broström)
4. Fika: for mingling, networking and informal discussions
Oh ya, here are some more practical info:
Hope to see you there!