– like to engage and network with other doctoral students and faculty outside your immediate research?
– like to work with challenging and interesting issues beyond the scope of your own self?
– care for your fellow doctoral students social life and welfare?
– like to positively impact your education policy, beyond the scope of yourself?
– have a capacity to speak out for the interest of your fellow doctoral students and the standing of KTH in research and education?
– like to hone your organisational and leadership skills through experiencing the world of academia behind the scenes?
If you’ve answered any of the above with a Yes, then join us and be part of the chapter
and/or member of the council at your own school!
If you’re at CBH or EECS school, follow-up with firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com respectively.
If you’re at ABE/ITM/SCI Schools, then apply to join.
Vacancies: council chairperson, vice chairperson, council members. Council members can take functionary roles (social responsible) or representational role (e.g. representative at the programme or specialisation or department or unit/division, doctoral education council, school’s executive committee, recruitment/appointment/promotion committees, school’s strategic councils, safety/equality/sustainability committees.)
Pre-requisites: Being an active PhD student on January 2019.
– Being a member of the student union,
– Workload of at least 5 days a semester. This workload can be time compensated subject to different school-level conventions.
– Attending meetings with council member and be communicative with the PhD chapter board, THS and KTH within the capacity of your representational role.
Application: The application is considered valid if it was filled via the form at the end of this page. Alternatively, you can download, fill this Application form and send it to nominations [at] dr.kth.se. A person can nominate someone else, but then the nominee must accept the nomination before it is considered valid. If you have further questions please email nominations [at] dr.kth.se . The deadline for application is Dec 7th at midnight.
Election: The nominees will be elected as per their school affiliations as follows: ABE 11th/Dec kl17:17, ITM 17th/Dec kl17:17, SCI 18th/Dec kl17:17. Fika served from 17:00. Location: chapter hall (T-centralen), Drottning Kristinas väg 29. Election of chapter vacancies will be on 10th/Dec kl18:18.
Curios to learn more?
– PhD student representatives are entitled for time compensation according to the policies: Dnr930-2005-0345 (school level), DnrV-2016-0451 (central and national level)
– The PhD Chapter and PhD school councils are guided by the PhD Chapter Statutes and PhD Chapter Bylaws and subject to THS statutes and bylawes.
– Brief guide on PhD students representation
– PhD Chapter workshop
Greetings from the nomination team and chapter board,
Robin, Tage, Kateryna, Fangkai, Amanda and Harsha
The PhD Chapter board welcomes the members of the PhD Chapter to the first chapter meeting of the academic year.
It will be held in the chapter hall at Drottning Kristinas Väg 29 on the 24th of October at 18:18. And since this is in the end of October, there will be a Halloween theme in the meeting. After the meeting is finished, everyone is invited to gather for a horror movie.
More information and the agenda will be posted here at least 4 working days before the meeting.
Feel free to contact the board at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the meeting or if there is anything you would like to bring up during the meeting.
Attention dear guests!!!
We host a special Pub this time. Our goal:
– breaking the ice between students and teachers
– raising the alcohol level in your professors’ bloodstream
– showing where you spend your Friday evenings and come up with all your crazy ideas for your projects
The PhD Pub encourages you to treat your mentor for a drink!
Our supervisors are already excited O_o
Our kitchen is open this Friday: burgers will be available for purchase.
Entrance: you should have an active THS membership of the PhD Chapter or Flygsektionen. Every member has the right to bring 1 Dr. guest.
Check the event on Facebook
It’s workshop time!
This time we will discuss and talk about PhD student influence and have some focus on the PhD school councils! Very suitable for you if you’ve been a PhD representative or interested to be one.
It will be held in the chapter hall at Drottning Kristinas Väg 29 on the 18th of October at 18:18.
Do not hesitate to contact the board at email@example.com if you have any questions about the workshop.
See you there!
P.S. If you’re curious about what it is exactly about, here is a content draft of the workshop.
PhD Chapter workshop with the councils [2018-10-18]